BELGIAN OVERSEAS UNION
FOUNDED IN 1912
- To protect the individual, moral, material, social and cultural
interests of its members, veterans from the Congo and the Rwanda Urundi.
- To safeguard the collective interests of associations within
which they are grouped.
- To restore the image of the Belgian colonial period, including
the one preceding it, the Congo Free State.
- Members will abstain from all interference in political, philosophical
and religious domains.
- They will seek to promote their aims through publications,
conferences and press releases.
- They will seek historical, scientific, objective, honest and
impartial truth in all the fields relating to their aims.
- They will combat all libel and disinformation against the
Belgian colonial era, if necessary by means of legal procedures.
SOME KEY FIGURES
- Number of affiliated associations: 28
- Number of members: more than 10 000
- Number of years of existence: 92